- Role of the System Administrator is to perform both technical and a coordination role in the solution construct, trouble shooting, planning, implementation and managing complex UNIX environment.
- Should assist in high quality delivery to clients in response to specific requests.
- Needs to maintain the responsibility to develop technical skills and absorb professional knowledge to quickly meet the business requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drawing upon concepts of tools, technologies and methodologies to collaborate with other technical specialists when carrying out assigned duties.
- Effective negotiation with technical peers and customers to implement technical solutions.
- Maintaining skills to the current industry level of certification.
- Recognizing and articulating job related problems to management.
- Analyzing technical problems and creating solutions involving the use of existing techniques and/or tools.
- Performing assigned tasks in accordance with established standards and guidelines.
- Preparing and recommending technical alternatives involving technology, methodology, tools, processes and solution components.
- Challenging the validity of given procedures and processes with the intent to enhance and improve a customer solution.
- Assisting in the identification of new service opportunities.
- Assisting the Project Manager by providing a technical project coordination role.
- Liaising with relevant support teams for all clients to ensure they are informed about relevant progress and issues relating to Unix server to be handed over for server management to ensure a smooth transition.
- Providing coverage for BAU Unix Server Management teams when no billable project work is available.
- Abiding by Change Management and Problem Management procedures, including complying with the Service Level Agreements as documented in the Problem Severity matrix.
- Act on Day to Day House Keeping tasks by using tools & scripts
- To able to perform in 24 x 7 Environment in shift roaster
- To able to attend calls on-call basis whenever assigned
- Work with Change & Problem Management Tools
- Create regular reports for Management requirements.
- Overall 7 to 10 years of Unix System Administration Experience out of which at least 4 Years should be in AIX environment.
- AIX Certification / HACMP Certification / TSM
- Certification will be an added advantage.
- Adequate Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX Platform, and strong fundamentals
- Strong Knowledge & Experience in AIX.
- Good Understanding of trouble shooting & AIX Commands
- Strong experience in interfacing of external devices like Storage, Networking and backup devices
- Experience on the following layered products(in two or more) of the following products is