- We are seeking an experienced UNIX Systems Administrator to provide support for a large, mixed UNIX environment consisting of Red Hat and a few Solaris servers.
- The main responsibilities include installation, configuration, tuning and troubleshooting of the systems and also taking part in a 24x7 on-call support rotation.
- We are a fast paced environment and are looking for an energetic team player that enjoys contributing and having their ideas become part of the process. Must have good written and verbal communications skills.
- Position requires presence in office to be able to work on hardware in data-center, participate in DR DRILLs, and other work performed in group settings for better communication. If selected, applicant will be required to undergo significant background checks to obtain various government clearances.
A minimum of 3 years experience as a UNIX server administrator in a mid to large sized enterprise Red Hat and Solaris OS platforms and underlying hardware architectures Volume management technologies
- Must have LVM experience VxVM and/or Solaris Volume Manager experience is a plus
- Must be proficient in shell scripting o Perl, Python, Awk scripting is a plus SAN general technology theories and practices
- Virtualization general technology theories and practices Clustering general technology theories and practices Experience with ITIL practices Experience with HADOOP clusters is a plus
- Mandatory Skills: UNIX, Hardware Installation, Hardware Repairs, Hardware Upgrades, HP Server, LINUX