SQL Developer with MS SQL Server, SSIS, T/SQL, DWH, ETL process, BI, XML, QA, Data Modelling, Data warehousing/data mart, OLAP Experience
The following application tasks are expected to be executed by the Data Analyst. All tasks will involve some degree of up front analysis prior to development or execution, as well as several phases of system and user acceptance testing.
These tasks/skills do not include database administration support or technical infrastructure support tasks, as these responsibilities fall under a different support area within the SCDOR organization.
- Works with consultants, application developers and end users to develop the logical data model and data architecture of assigned application. Designs relational databases within the architectural framework to meet application needs. Serves as lead database designer for Business Intelligence systems. Develops and implements standards for database design in a denormalized environment.
- Analyzes anticipated data volumes and patterns of use; gains knowledge of agency data usage to improve performance and efficiency of database access and manipulation.
- Writes and maintains stored procedures as needed; develops standards for the use of stored procedures, object relational mappers, and other means of database access. Develops standards for application handling of databases, including error handling. Builds database utilities as needed for application use, such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and database scripts.
- Supports application developers. Assists application developers in resolving database related application problems, both in development and in production. Works with Database Administration to resolve database performance problems. Required to respond to emergency system issues on a 24/7 basis.
- Contributes to the Business Intelligence data dictionary for application and business user development. Develops and implements standards for naming of database objects.
- Performing database development and utility functions, such as SQL Server Analytical Services for OLAP, T-SQL, stored procedure, SSIS, etc. as needed for loading and analysis of data.