- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Identify issues and take necessary steps to resolve.
- Escalate issues and follow up with other engineering team members and see them through to resolution.
- Improve our systems and applications with monitoring, analytics and ad hoc reporting.
- Resolve day to day issues and relay updates to the team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
- 5+ years- experience in DevOps
- Experience building services using back end technologies (Java, Spring, Jersey)
- Knowledge of SQL and database technologies (Hive, MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra)
- Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Perl, Python, Shell, Bash, or Ruby
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in building, deploying, troubleshooting and maintaining web services.
- Experience and expert in at least two of these programming languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java.
- Experience in Build tools like Make, ANT, Maven or Rake.
- Experience in any of the deployment tools like Puppet Ansible, Chef or Salt.
- Experience in Build Automation tools like Jenkins, BuiltBot or CruiseControl.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences.
- Experience working in a large scale operational environment.