- Analyze complex and disparate data sources and design, implement, and develop ETL processes with minimal supervision and keep business needs moving forward without delays.
- Create data stores, jobs, work flows, data flows and custom functions.
- Reverse engineer existing jobs/work flows, and provide performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Create ETL test scripts and test ETL jobs ensuring strong data quality.
- Respond quickly to issues which emerge in Production systems and during User Acceptance testing.
- Utilize one of the scripting languages for flat file data cleansing of structured/unstructured data.
- Outstanding communication and organization skills.
- Must be self-starter and be able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision in very fast paced environment.
- Environment: BO Data Services 4.2, SQL Server 2008 Oracle 11g
Additional Skills for ETL Developer:
- 10+ years of work experience in Data Warehouse ETL Development in a very fast paced environment
- 10+ years of work experience in ETL Development using Informatica or Business Objects Data Services
- 10+ years of strong experience in SQL experience, preferably in SQL Server Environment
- 10+ years of strong experience in PERL or Python
- 5+ years work experience supporting real time data integration leveraging SQL Server Change Data Capture and SQL Server Change Tracking
- Must have experience working with complex large scale source systems (relational and flat files)
Preferred Skills of ETL Developer:
- Knowledge of SAP Business Objects - Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence a plus
- Prior work experience leading ETL development in agile lifecycle Prior experience working with small teams.