New Business Development
1. Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
2. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the companys unique selling propositions and differentiators
3. Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
4. To ensure that new business sales volumes are obtained while not sacrificing potential margin return for volume generated.
5. To actively pursue and close new business and new product ranges from new customers.
Business Development Planning
6. To direct and implement the business plan pertaining to the marketing and business development of all PPPC products
7. In line with senior management requirements to be responsible for the forecasting preparation and execution of the sales, sales budgets and sales projections and to ensure that all are being met
8. To liaise with all other company departments to ensure a smooth conversion from new business development to new order closure.
Client Relationship Management
9. To actively pursue new business and product ranges from already established customers.
10. To actively map Customer Journey by analyzing touch points with the management and maximising commercial opportunities.
11. Working closely with all departments to ensure the CRM works effectively for all aspects of the company.
12. To liaise with all customers and external parties who can assist in increasing sales performance and productivity.
Strategy/ /Investment Requests
13. Assist GM in the strategy development and review
14. Assist GM in establishing and reviewing the 5 - year business plan
15. Assist GM in the search and evaluation of acquisition partners
16. Assist GM in preparing and submitting Investment Requests for plant extensions, new plants, etc.
Management and Research
17. To produce analytical reports and make recommendations in respect of market coverage and penetration in relation to new products and customers.
18. To establish competitor profiles and take preventative actions should competitor activities impact new business sales expectations.
19. To advise senior management of all competitor activities which may have serious impact on company and sales performance
20. To keep abreast of latest developments in the product line and to advise the production / senior management of potential new product lines.
21. To participate in pricing the product/service.
22. To ensure that all departmental processes, procedures and activities meet and match those as laid out in company ISO and management procedures.
23. To ensure that the safety and security of all personnel and facilities is kept paramount at all times.
24. To ensure that all company operational and ethical practices and policies are adhered to at all times.
25. To take part in any company operations, activities or functions as they may be called upon to do in representing or promoting the company
D) KPI :
Revenue/ Profitability from New Customer
Fulfillment of business plan (growth targets)
Customer satisfaction (score card)
Number of successfully established new business relationships
Number and size of approved new product projects
E) RELATIONSHIPS / CONTACTS MADE: (Contacts inside or outside the company with which the employee has significant working relationship)
New, existing and potential customers; consultants and agents dealing with market information and new opportunities
All departments and section heads
F) JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: (these are needed to perform this job at fully acceptable level)
Minimum Qualifications : Graduate level qualification preferred
MBA / Marketing qualification an advantage
Special Trainings : Selling skills
Type & Years of Experience : Minimum of 10 years hands on BD experience within a fast moving, packaging product environment.
Computer Skills : Fully conversant with MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
Languages known : Fully conversant in English (Both written & verbal)
Arabic and advantage
Technical Skills required : Knowledge of ISO quality procedures.
Knowledge of plastics and their performance criteria will be an advantage
Behavioral & supportive Skills : Proven interpersonal, business management and leadership skills.
Skills in negotiating and closing sales, contracts.
Previous experience within a technical discipline is an advantage.