Accounting & Control Functions
Perform IFRS head-office reporting for all CIB Region's entities that meet the organizations consolidation thresholds, reporting when required:
1. In accordance with relevant and applicable instructions and requirements.
2. Within the deadlines required by the requesting teams service level agreement.
3. Supported by complete and adequate audit trail and documentation.
Reconcile quarterly intercompany transactions declarations with affiliates for consolidation purposes
Enforce controls and Ensure timely distribution / submission of accurate reports- Perform sanity checks / high-level reviews of monthly and quarterly reports, raising questions and ensuring completeness, consistency, and accuracy of the data reported
Develop understanding of and keep current on the following:
1. Head-office reporting tools
2. Head-office reporting requirements and instructions
3. eneral ledgers
4. Relevant reporting rules and requirements related to the report / phase under his responsibility (IFRS, Cooke, liquidity,)
5. The products and activities reported
Perform research as required for the accurate preparation of reports, or as directed by management
Ensure prompt and adequate response to questions from Head Office and local Finance groups
Help ensure the control and integrity of data populating the tools / back office processing systems under the teams responsibility
Document and keep procedures for the production of all reporting tasks up-to-date
Update and maintain static data corresponding to the systems for which the team is responsible
Work with the other teams to ensure that head-office reporting requirements are addressed for all new products and system / procedural changes
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment.
Help formulate system enhancements and operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the teams efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the teams responsibility.