- Design, develop, debug and maintain a Scalable server framework
- Work with the TypeSafe Stack (Scala, Akka, Play, Spray) to construct the framework
- Design and develop distributed, fault-tolerant server-side components.
- Design and implement, scalable REST web services in Scala using Akka/Play
- Initiative to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adhere to development processes and deliver high quality code with complete documentation
- Experience building high-traffic, scalable and high performance systems
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, related degree, or strong comparable experience.
- 2+ years of TypeSafe Stack experience (Scala, Akka, Play!)
- Experience with Agile software methodologies and continuous deployment
- Experience with a NoSQL solution such as Cassandra
- Familiarity with caching tools Redis, Memcache
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, in particular)
- Use processes like GIT to collaboratively perform feature-based development, code reviews and releases.
- Experience and familiarity with functional languages and functional programming.