Who we are looking for
Hiring a Web Services Test Automation engineer with experience in developing test suites using variety of automation tools and architecting test automation frameworks. The Automation Quality Engineer will collaborate closely with the Development team while utilizing strong automation and test skills in an Agile environment.
Your responsibilities will include
- Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to
- Developing scalable and reusable processes and automation frameworks
- Automating REST APIs and SOAP Web Services using tools such as Java, SoapUI, JMeter
- Creating, Maintaining and Executing test scripts for Functional, Regression, Integration and Performance test projects leveraging tools such as Selenium, Cucumber
- Analyzing test results, tracing issues and tracking defects using JIRA and Quality Center
- Working closely with Development and other QA team members, continuously analyzing ways to improve processes and increase efficiency
You bring to the table
- Experience in web service test automation using standard test tools like Java, SoapUI, JMeter, etc
- Extensive background in developing test automation frameworks utilizing Java, VBScript, Python, Shell Scripting, etc.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and database technologies
- Experience with Mobile testing tools such as Appium
- Experience with GUI, API, Data Reconciliation and Services testing
- Understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment
- Strong understanding of quality practices and ability to apply proven QA techniques including requirement traceability, boundary value analysis and application stability/usability.
- Experience working with various test development and test management tools such as JIRA, Quality Center, etc.
- Good understanding of agile and SCRUM development principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust to new technologies
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills
Additional knowledge/skills/abilities we think are great to have
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with Travel Applications
- White box testing experience
- Ability to work with outsourced remote teams
- Knowledge of open source tools such as Git and Jenkins
- Good knowledge of programming languages like Java, C++, C#, .NET, etc.
- Knowledge of Google Test, TestNG, JUnit unit testing frameworks
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field preferred