* Ensures assigned projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting client needs, business objectives and design guidelines.
* Manages program of projects and project managers within a region to ensure successful completion and coordination of all efforts.
* In cooperation with HO, develops program and annual budget for regional capital project program.
* Prepares detailed construction cost estimates and documentation (e.g. PFR, PAR) for project funding authorization.
Is responsible for interfacing with appropriate levels of management to obtain funding approval signatures. Explanation of project scope and the associated costs as required is part of this process.
* Monitors progress, provides financial control and ensures quality of project.
* Responsible for ensuring the project managers:
* Manage the project team including engineers, Coordinators, Safety, workplace consultants, construction managers and administrative support.
* Develop schedules and budgets for assigned projects.
* Identify and evaluates alternative solutions to best meet program goals.
* Prepare detailed construction cost estimates and documentation for project
* Works cooperatively with and ensures that projects managers work cooperatively with the appropriate Client Service Directors and project client to clarify specific needs and requirements and keeps client and appropriate Client Service Director up-to-date on project status throughout process. Manages efforts of other corporate support functions such as Legal, Insurance and Loss Prevention, OAA, Security, and Systems.
* Ensures all projects are completed within budgets and schedules while meeting client needs,business objectives and design guidelines.
* Participate in or oversee the pre-qualification and bid evaluation process for consultants, contractors,and other outside vendors and selects vendors.
Must have adequate experience of handling multiple large value Overhead Transmission line projects, with proven skills on Project Mgmt.
Must Have Sound Exposure of overseas commercial Issues, project cost estimation, resource Mgmt.
Must have sound Experience of overseas commercial Issues, project cost estimation, and sound technical knowledge.
* Interacts with governmental branches and regulatory agencies as required to ensure that projects comply with all applicable legal requirements and regulations.
* Makes presentations to senior management.
* Hires, manages and develops staff.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering
An excellent ability to communicate both orally and in writing
Excellent customer service and analytical skills are necessary as is a personality that pays attention to details.
Must exhibit initiative and a strong desire to achieve results.
Proficiency in Transmission Industry based financial analysis.
Must have demonstrated ability to manage complexity and must be organizationally/politically astute.
Demonstrated ability to build relationships and motivate teams of people. Demonstrated ability to manage staff and a strong understanding of the entire Overhead Transmission line function from research to planning to information management is required.