- Directs the development of IT strategy that supports the company's strategic business plan; coordinates this effort across IT.
- Lead matrix team of people who have responsibility for strategy and development, including systems and application development, vendor management, and legacy systems integration.
- Require close collaboration with business customers in examining solution options and in planning and managing multiple IT centric projects.
- Collaborate with IT management and IT colleagues to translate corporate/functional business and information objectives into an IT strategic/tactical business plan and systems development. Consults within the IT organization to develop appropriate support for IT centric projects from various technology and service departments; integrate activities with business units, corporate departments, and IT departments to ensure the successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Collaborates with the finance department and various functional managers to ensure IT operational budgets are properly estimated and controlled; provide overall financial recommendations, and develop controls and measurements to monitor progress.
- Develop, analyze and report IT resource requirements to support objectives (e.g., staffing, costs) needed to meet objectives via resource modeling efforts. Participates in and often may lead vendor management efforts pertaining to sourcing.
- Provides input to the development of corporate IT standards and policies to ensure compatibility and integration throughout the company.
- Negotiates IT centric contracts. Approve/Manage subcontracting and vendor evaluation studies pertaining to the IT organization.
- Stay current in new IT technologies.
- Create and sustain business literacy and understanding of business processes in the IT organization
- Facilitate communication between all key IT groups and the customer community via participation in meetings and the creation of status reporting mechanisms (weekly, monthly, and quarterly).
- Supports the Senior Technical Staff Members with regard to large scale initiatives through resource modeling and providing complex analysis and reporting to Senior IT management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Previous technical management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key to success in this position.