- Need Solaris Admin with excellent knowledge on installation and management of different versions of Solaris i.e. Oracle Solaris 10/11.
- Should have detailed knowledge on file system management, SVM, Veritas Volum Manager, Veritas Cluster.
- Should have working knowledge on various SAN/NAS devices.
- Should have working experience on scripting languages i.e Perl/shell/python for automation.
Engineering and Provisioning: -
- Install new / rebuild existing servers on Solaris and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Configuring and administering Solaris Zones and Containers on Sun Solaris 10/11 operating system.
- Installation and configuration of HA environment using Sun and Veritas Cluster.
- Configuration and administration of Sun and Veritas logical volume manager.
- Installing and Maintaining Solaris Jumpstart environment.
- Installation and configuration of various packages and patches.
Operations and Support: -
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system logs.
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issue
- Analyzing performance-based issues with the servers using various system based reporting utilities for Memory & I/O statistics.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Perform hardware, software, and basic network troubleshooting as necessary.
- Coordinate with different teams (application, network, storage) to troubleshoot OS or network related issues.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis.
- Writing shell scripts to accomplish day-to-day system administration task.
- Capacity planning and fine-tune system for optimal performance.
- Must know how to do effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and related infrastructure.
- Should have proficiency in supporting various sun hardware like (M5000, T5-8, T5-2, T5140, T5240) running Solaris operating system.
- Should have knowledge on Server Racking and Mounting in Data Centers.
- Co-ordination with Customers, Hardware Support engineers and vendors for resolution of any hardware related problems e.g. disk /System board failures, NIC /HBA replacements etc.