Qualification : LLB / LLM with 4-8 yrs of relevant experience
- Generally, providing legal support to the conduct of the commodities trading business; in particular, derivatives, securities and physical transactions of energy, emissions, metals, gas, power, coal, freight and agricultural product underlyers;
- Responsibility for drafting, reviewing and negotiating master documentation and transaction documentation;
- Interacting with the commodity sales teams and traders to address legal issues as they arise in day-today trading activities;
- Reviewing and monitoring developments in the regulatory environment relating to commodities (financial and commodity specific);
- Significant transactional involvement;
- Liaising and coordinating with other relevant groups throughout the firm, including credit, treasury, New York legal, compliance, controllers, operations, tax;
- Involvement in reviews of new markets and new products.