Hands-on Lead Engineer, iOS Development with a passion for creating powerful smartphone enterprise applications with intuitive user interfaces. The successful candidate will be a mobile applications expert, focused on the iOS platform that enjoys working within a distributed team environment (spread across Bangalore, China and India). You will bring your passion for architecting, designing and implementing scalable iOS mobile applications and will be a thought leader within Havells on matters related to iOS applications.
- Work with Product Management and User Experience teams to define/refine product requirements, and create detailed technical specifications and client architecture designs
- Evaluate and recommend current and emerging frameworks to meet the needs of the iOS client architecture, including specific performance and scalability metrics
- Develop rich, intuitive iOS Smartphone voice and data applications that integrate and interact with backend services in mission-critical environments
- Provide technical guidance to development teams; be a role model and mentor to the client side development team in Havells
- Actively promote and implement software development - best practices- within the development team, including the integration of automation and unit testing during design and implementation
- Promote and be passionate about Agile methodologies and role-model the behaviors across the Mobile Engineering group
- Proven Experience of developing Mobile Apps for use in IoT, Automation or any other application requiring Working with Firmware & Embedded teams over communication stack protocols like Zigbee, Bluetooth, Wifi etc.
- Results driven professional who can partner with a world-class team that designs and develops next generation mobile apps that are highly scalable, secure and reliable, and deployed over a large customer base
- Hands on leader with a passion for leveraging technologies to solve business problems
- Self-motivated with a go-getter attitude and excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; possess resourcefulness and complex problem-solving capability
- Passion for end-to-end development of quality software products and the desire to make a difference
- Capable of working closely with, managing, or being managed by peer-level developers in Agile scrum teams
- Knowledge of mobile security protocols, analytics and social channel integration
- Understanding of various non-functional aspects in mobile application design and ability to provide solutions to optimize performance, scalability etc.
- Ability to discuss the pros and cons of Cloud Computing, Virtualization, MVC frameworks, NoSQL Databases, Agile Development, The UNIX Way, MIT Open Source License, RESTful APIs
- Excellent knowledge of the best software development practices, iOS development and processes
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts and technologies
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Current on general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies including the latest application development frameworks on iOS
- Expertise in building complex applications on iOS and awareness of the optimization factors on a mobile platform.
- 3+ years of experience in architecting and developing applications on the iOS platform
- Knowledge of the iOS development ecosystem and the open-source libraries available for common tasks
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies: XCode, iOS SDK and Continuous Integration platforms; SQLite, SQLCipher, JSON Parsing and Client/Server Web Services; Data push services, such as APNS and Comet; Version control repositories such as CVS/Subversion and Git; Enterprise Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions
- Expertise with Integrated Automated Testing and Unit Testing
- Proven ability to building iOS UI screens and navigation using StoryBoard and other UI frameworks
- Strong experience implementing the Agile (scrum) software development process and managing the full product development lifecycle for highly scalable enterprise applications