The incumbent is responsible for spearheading the entire strategic alliances – Corporate Agency & Broking channel for the organisation in western part of India Develop new relationship in the given geography Manage the business relationship between DPLI and Identified Business Partner(s) Productivity of the Channel Partner as per the set business norms. Manage the start up and scale up phase of business Managing Partner Sales Training and Business Processes
Strategic Business Planning & Development:
o Develop overall strategy for the company in the corporate agency/broking channel
o Develop and implement a robust business plan for the channel
o Develop new business models for tapping business partner potential and implementing the same through the team
o Build & supervise a sales organization at western part of India.
Scale up Strategic Alliances & Management
o Business development to identify potential partners in western part of India as well as at PAN India basis
o Build and operate large size national, multi city and single city business partners
o Internal branding with key stakeholders
o Set up and operate key account management process
o Nurture existing relationships
o Ensure smooth operations & service delivery
Channel Development and Sales Process Management
o Develop an overall marketing & promotions plan for the channel and ensure implementation through the marketing team
o Manage sourcing, processing and issuance, post issuance customer issues (if any)
o Manage financials of relationship, including support meeting of financial targets, sales promotion activities, support timely and correct commission reconciliation
o Continuously acquire & update understanding of industry dynamics & consumer buying behavior.
o Dissemination of product & industry knowledge across the teams.
Budgeting & Cost Management
o Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the channel in line with the business plan
o Develop standard processes for cost management
Business & Market Intelligence
o Develop & nurture a strong network in the industry
o Collate market & competition information
o Proactively develop strategies & tactics to manage the changing market conditions
Training and Product Support
o Develop an overall training strategy for the channel and ensure implementation through the training team
o Ensure delivery of all mandatory trainings
Administrative and Control functions
o Develop and implement robust business review tools and processes
o Ensure adherence to all company policies and processes at channel partner end
o Ensure that channels and channel employees are engaged around business objectives & results.
o Develop & implement initiatives to motivate & retain high performing talent.
Adherence to regulatory and compliance norms.
o Develop and control an internal audit team
o Ensure adherence of code of conduct set by IRDA and Life Insurance Council.
o Ensure conformation to all financial and administrative systems.
o Ensure Compliance to all statutory & regulatory norms.
1. Graduate / MBA/ Post graduate
2. Preferably – MBA ( Marketing & Finance )
1. Minimum 8- 10 year of experience in managing Regional head profile
2. Analytical Skill in business planning and cost management
3. Ability to envisage and strategise towards building up the channel
4. A background in Third Part Sales/Marketing and/or channel management/ Rural Marketing/Social Level project Management
Key Technical Competencies:
1. Analytical ability to analyse the business potential and get the maximum out of relationships, more on a strategic level.
2. High level of presentation and communication skills and ability to interact and manage relationship with channel owners
3. Team management capabilities
4. Competitor Knowledge and understanding of industry product landscape
5. Customer focused, proactive, result oriented & influencing skills,
6. Excellent man management skills
Key Core/ Behavioral Competencies
1. Business Development
a. Develop new channel of Distribution in TPD
b. Build a sizeable pipeline of new prospect
c. Identify the new business opportunity
d. Conceptualize the engagement plan with the prospective distributor
e. Establish DPLI as a principle of choice.
a. Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
b. Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
c. Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
d. Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
e. Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
a. Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
b. Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
c. Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
d. Plans and facilitates regular team activities outside of the office.
4. Relationship Management
a. Manages day-to-day business partner interaction.
b. Sets and manages expectations of all stake holder
c. Develops lasting relationships with business partner personnel that foster the relationship.
d. Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen business partner relationships.
e. Builds a knowledge base of each business partner's business, organization and objectives.
5. Creativity: Ability to come up with imaginative and innovative solutions to business situations; and recognize and accept imaginative solutions.
6. Planning and organization: Effective in planning and organizing his/her own and his/her group’s activities and tasks. Thinks and acts ahead to create opportunities in the future