- To manage and direct the day to day manufacturing demands for both the engineering and production departments of the business, to ensure cost effective production, schedule adherence, efficient logistics, people management and maintenance of plant and facilities.
- Manage, motivate and lead the management team to ensure achievement of the strategic plan. This will include involvement in customer relationship management.
- Full profit and loss responsibility for the ongoing, profitable development of the business.
- Promote best practices, continuous improvement, 5S and lean manufacturing.
- Lead by example, engendering team participation to reinforce continuous improvement programmes.
- Hold ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the smooth running of the business, including health & safety, quality, engineering, production, purchasing, financial management, business development, administration, environment and people management.
- Drive improvement in performance ensuring that KPI's of OEE, OTIF and PPM are met and provide monthly performance reports on the manufacturing KPI's along with quality, attendance and Health, Safety and Environment activities.
- Responsible for the manufacturing management of each customer contract, providing performance measures, monitoring costs and implementation of cost reduction activity throughout the entire manufacturing, quality and logistics process.
- Ensure customer schedules are achieved and projects are efficiently planned, monitored and met.
- Coordinate the engineering and production departments ensuring effective communication, procedures and productivity are harmonised.
- Recruit the skills required to meet manufacturing needs and develop the training to maintain a motivated workforce and positive working environment.
- Provide regular employee briefings and performance appraisals.
- Develop and maintain a training plan to meet the manufacturing needs of the company and implement and maintain a plan for continuous improvement.
- Interface with customers and suppliers on technical, quality and commercial issues ensuring effective working relationships are established and maintained, promoting and enhancing the
- Ensure that Company Environment, Health and Safety policies are planned, documented, promoted and Managed, taking the appropriate action as necessary to see that these are fully implemented and complied with by all employees.
Experience : At least 5 Years at similar level
Academic: Degree or appropriate professional qualification relating to engineering or industry desirable MSc in Engineering Management or MBA.