Qualification: BE./B.tech - Mechanical
Work Experience: 18+ yrs
Below mentioned are the position details required :
To lead the Static Equipment Group, maintaining and enhancing the strength of the group;
To complete engineering of medium and major projects, supervise several small projects.
Job Account-abilities (duties and responsibilities).
1. To review design basis for various projects, prepared by other engineers;
2. To review out man-hour estimates, and to assign the required man-power to execute the projects, in consultation with LE's, and/or Project Engg;
3. To work as Checker for design documents for critical equipment prepared by Engineers/Design Engineers;
4. To monitor project progress, to give MIS inputs to Project Engineering and Project Controls, to high-light shortfalls to the management;
5. To ensure that Inter-Department Checks take place for own documents, as well as, for other department documents;
6. To interact technically with client, vendors, construction, to troubleshoot problems;
7. To carry out man-power planning for the Static group;
8. To study and evaluate in-house and commercially available third-party software tools for engineering;
9. To identify skill gaps, and plan for the training;
10. To develop in-house training modules, and train colleagues;
11. To review performance of sub-ordinates;
12. To review the CVs, and take interviews for new recruitment.
Skills Required (Knowledge and Skills):
1. Knowledge of engineering standard specifications, and standard designs, of various basic engineering companies, like Shell, UOP, Lummus, Du Pont, etc.;
2. Knowledge of statutory regulations, and various codes for wind and seismic design, like, IS, IBC, UBC, etc.;
3. Understanding of manufacturing practices, and associated costs;
4. Knowledge of work processes and interfaces of other engineering departments;
5. Knowledge of various NDT methods, and their applicability;
6. Should possess very good written and verbal communication skills;
7. Should possess interviewing, and appraisal skills.
Key Attributes (Experience and Qualifications):
1. Degree in Mechanical engineering from reputed college or university;
2. Minimum experience of 22 years in Engineering Consulting companies, or at least 18 years in Engineering Consulting companies with a few years in equipment manufacturing/ Chemical plants/ Inspection Agencies;
3. Shall be result orientated, and focussed on quality of deliverables;
4. Shall be a good team player.