A. Position Purpose:
The purpose of this role is to help establish a strong and differentiated Defence Sales channel in the assigned geography- Provide leadership to the units (reporting into this role) - and achieve business results through effective translation of the business strategy into action. Reporting Relationships: The incumbent will report into Senior General Manager and Head of Defence Channel. A total of 9 units will come under this position as of now (Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ambala, Pathankot, Patiala, Bhatinda, Ferozpur and Shimla). As per current structure and strength, the incumbent will manage a team size of 9 direct reports (Associate Partner/ Partner/ Managing Partner) and a total team of ~ 50-60 Sales Managers. (Excluding Officer Praharis and Advisors.) The incumbent will receive support form HO and field based support functions like Regional Operations; Regional HR and Regional Capability development teams.
B. Key Responsibilities:
1.1 Plan and evaluate the effectiveness of Area Operation Plans with specific focus towards product availability, distribution and activity management within Defence network.
1.2 Facilitate the business planning and implementation process for each branch towards the business in Defence establishments/ battalions
1.3 Effective leadership for Branch Managers/ Office Heads
1.4 Ensure cost efficiency in all aspects with specific focus towards Officer Prahri and SM hiring and optimize
the cost of recruitment
2. Business Results:
2.1 Monitor and evaluate achievement of Branch sales against Targets month on month.
2.2 Ensure the Defence contribution of Business (sourced from Army/Navy/Air Force/Paramilitary/Police) is 70% on the overall NOP target YTD.
3.1 Streamlining and development of processes to ensure smooth management
3.2 Optimize cost across your business
3.3 Ensure effective use of different training modules and selling skills program for the OH’s, SM’s & Sr. Consultant BD’s
C. Job Specifications:
4. Resource Management:
4.1 Operational Cost Management
- Ensure cost efficiency in all aspects of all operations of the respective branches including fixed costs.
- Drive efficiencies in onward distribution expenses and in branch support expenditure
- Support the Company’s Retail Strategy Plan.
4.2 Relationship Management- Internal
- For overall operational effectiveness, partner/ influence with support functions namely HR, Operations & Training.
4.3 People Development
- Enable superlative performance standards through alignment of the team with the organization’s objects.
- Ensure clear communication of the overall strategies and drive ownership on all tasks expected to be performed by the Branch team Develop Competencies of the team.
- Ensure implementation of the Development plans.
5. Customer Relationship Management- External:
5.1 Actively network and build relationships in the defence establishments/ cantonments
5.2 Review of selling arrangements and quality of sales advice and after sales engagement
5.3 Ensure adequate focus to the business
6. Code of Conduct and Compliance of all Regulatory norms:
6.1 Ensure adherence of code of conduct by the entire Team in respective branches
6.2 Confirmation to all financial and administrative systems.
6.3 Ensure Compliance to all statutory & regulatory norms.
6.4 Ensure compliance with all the Branch norms set by DPLI.