Responsible for performing credit analysis and preparing periodic written reviews for approval by senior credit officers, as well as managing the on-going monitoring and maintenance of exposures for a portfolio of corporate client groups across the EME, US and APAC regions.
Undertake fundamental credit analysis on an existing portfolio of corporate credit counter parties
Prepare annual credit reviews for submission to senior Risk Officers and Credit Committee
Ensure all relevant Credit Risk policies, standards and procedures are followed
Ensure utilisation of sanctioned limits are within sanctioned terms
Ensuring appropriate credit gradings (Probability of Default and Loss Given Default) of the sanctions are submitted as a part of the approvals process
Perform credit analysis on interim requests for credit facility amendments, and prepare analysis in support of interim headroom requests, for presentation to senior Risk officers for approval
Ensure all day to day credit risk management activities are performed in a timely manner
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Liaising and communicating with other departments to ensure documentation requirements are met
- Undertake quarterly reviews on more complex and higher risk groups, including reporting on corporate credit counterparties which have been determined to merit more frequent credit review
- Ensure transaction approvals are recorded within the Bank's systems
- Allocation of limits within pre-agreed parameters
- Maintain data integrity of relevant Credit Risk systems (and perform monthly credit grade attestation
- On-going monitoring of portfolio of industries for material developments affecting credit quality and the initiation of appropriate action. This will be based on:
- Financial risk analysis (balance sheet, P&L and cash flow) of clients including supporting the annual review process
- Analysing the overall performance of clients relative to company budgets and the Bank's internal expectations/forecasts.
- Assessment of management, strategy and business risk.
- Analysis/monitoring of the credit risk taken to customers/industries across a wide range of investment and commercial banking products.
- Financial modelling or stress testing in support of requests/transactions.
- Industry sector/client specific research.
Experience in credit underwriting, credit analysis for large/mid corporate sector.