We are looking for a competent Workshop manager/supervisor to manage and maintain our facilities. You will be responsible for hiring and training staff and ensuring the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations. Qualified candidate must be reliable and have a great eye for detail, your technical skills and knowledge of various crafts is required so also your leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also needed.
• Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role.
• Strong technical knowledge of all building systems.
• Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations.
• Understanding of budgeting and performance management.
• Excellent planning and leadership abilities.
• Computer savvy.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
• Inspecting facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance.
• Preparing weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work.
• Recruiting, supervising and training maintenance technicians.
• Hiring and supervising tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance.
• Contributing to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance.
• Monitoring inventory of materials and equipment.
• Ensuring adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations.