- Troubleshoot complex issues in environments with vendors and drive vendors to acceptable resolutions.
- Utilize monitoring tools to verify the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completions of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Aid in the administration of systems infrastructure so that the systems operate reliably and available within its agreed (SLA) Service Level Agreements
- Be an escalation point for issues and requests that cannot be serviced by other groups, working issue to resolution, improving upon process, procedure, and knowledge to reduce future escalations.
- Execute planned maintenance
- Develop and enhance technical operating procedures and documentation to improve upon efficiency and effectiveness of operations and change activity.
- Identify and own problems and/or opportunities for improvement; working toward developing and deploying temporary and permanent fixes.
- Periodically construct and facilitate training with other groups in support of increasing capabilities, efficiencies, and effectiveness.
- 2+ years VMware experience.