Reporting to this position :
- General Manager Operations
- Information Technology Manager
Main Responsibilities :
- Provides strategic management input to the Board of Directors and the Senior Management
Team by :
- Facilitating strategic business planning processes which include setting of financial overseeing and facilitating the company's budgeting process
- Monitoring of and reporting on implementation of agreed strategic initiatives
- Evaluating and reporting company performance
- Forecasting revenue and margin performance
- Allocating, directing, integrating and optimizing company resources
- Ensures sound corporate governance by managing the processes as required by the Board of Directors and Shareholders as well as statutory compliance requirements
- Leads the Operations and Support Services Teams in developing, implementing and maintaining initiatives to ensure the achievement of company objectives in the most effective and efficient manner.
This includes :
- Implementing systems and processes which improve management information in support - Finance Manager, Human Resources and Administration non-financial objectives, developing implementation plans and determining key performance indicators achievement of company objectives.
- Liaising with the Business Development Team with regards to information on revenue
- Implementing systems and processes to ensure effective project handover from the of planning and decision making such as inter-alia project tracking systems, cost and profitability analysis and variance reporting as well as cash flow monitoring and forecasting processes, forecasts and planned projects in order to do product delivery planning which includes resource scheduling and allocation business Development Team to the Product Delivery departments and also effective communication between the departments during project execution and client delivery phases and management while at the same time will facilitate effective purchasing decision making
- Must have domain experience - Geospatials / GIS companies.
- Developing and implementing purchasing policies which will ensure sound financial
- Overseas the activities of the Operations Department to ensure efficient and effective project execution and delivery
- Provides costing and delivery guidelines and information to Business Development Team for use in tendering, proposal drafting and client negotiations
- Oversees the development and implementation of Quality Assurance standards
Leads technology research and development activities by :
- Keeping abreast of technology developments in the industry
- Investigating, planning and directing research and development initiatives and Implementing new technology including testing, evaluating, adjustments and training.
Overseas the activities of the Support Services departments which includes :
Human Resources : Personnel administration, recruitment, remuneration, performance
Finance : Cash flow and balance sheet management, profit and loss processing and
Risk Management : Insurance portfolios, commercial contract review, etc.
- Information Technology
Key Performance Indicators :
- Gross Margins - Project and overall
- Performance against budget
- Cost control and management, succession management, training, employee relations, employee discipline and grievances, reporting, debtors and creditors management, purchasing, payroll and statutory compliance (taxes, duties, audits, etc.)