Talents from Tier 1 Banking/Investment Banks Only
The successful candidate will lead a team (10 - 12 staff) involved in end to end work in areas of accounting, financial and management reporting, tax of our Asset Management Financial control team.
The role requires extensive engagement with home location finance / Business teams, external stakeholders (auditors etc.) and well demonstrated communication skills; along with the capability to independently deal with and resolve issues with appropriate escalation.
The role also requires strong technical skill sets on IFRS based financial reporting, good knowledge of month end accounting and financial reporting process.
You will be responsible for :
- Overview of month end accounting for investment management business, fees calculations, fx hedging along with regulatory and management reporting.
- Extensive IFRS based financial reporting - ensuring business unit information provided to be consolidated in our statutory financial statements is accurate
- Develop a strong business understanding over time and use it to provide context to accounting and financial matters. Demonstrate capability and willingness to be "Hands-on".
- Demonstrate established competency in planning and organising - needs to be a well organised self-starter who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects.
- Demonstrate innovation with focus to improve process - enhance efficiencies and add value, ensuring quality consciousness in all aspects of the team.
- Involvement in migration of any additional finance responsibilities which includes maintaining and supporting documentation for all finance functions managed by the team
- Training and developing new starters; Leading and managing the team, and doing effective appraisals.
- The role requires engagement with stakeholders working across multiple time zones, hence the flexibility to work across different time zone is important
Desired Candidate Profile:
To be successful in this role you will have :- Postgraduate accounting qualification, CA or CPA- Minimum 10 years of relevant post qualification including 5 + years of people management experience.
- Willingness to travel overseas.- Willing to work in shifts