You would have to understand global Insurance framework i.e. Process (Target Operating Model), Policies, Regulatory requirements, Systems, and actively challenging the existing framework and working closely with Client CFO to develop, refine and implement the new strategies for the finance function. The list below indicates some of the capabilities that client should have within its insurance practice and as head you would have the complete responsibility and independence for building it.
- Strategy: Working with clients to develop and optimize growth strategies that mirror the current industry dynamics including the evolving regulatory environment
- Advanced analytics: Develop and design analytics strategies that help our insurance clients to mine data for insights and decision making.
- Performance Improvement and Operations: Harness the capabilities at our client to increase efficiency and lower costs for our insurance industry clients.
- Technology strategy: Working with companies to increase the agility of their information technology and digital assets
- Customer Strategy: Designing client solutions to develop insights and strategies to nurture customer relationships and earn customer loyalty that fuels growth and lowers costs.
- Compliance: Support insurance compliance and risk officers and their teams in satisfying the demands of more complex regulations while also helping their companies grow their top and bottom lines
- Staffing: Lead team of senior F&A staff in India to ensure smooth and seamless delivery and assist in new product and geographical expansion for one of our key clients
In addition to working with external clients the CFO, Insurance operations would also be working as a part of the Process Engineering (PE) leadership team of our client with responsibility of the growth and development of the F&A vertical within PE.
- Oversee the Global finance function for multiple clients
- Identify opportunities for both transformational and incremental improvement and drive changes
- Actively involved in the development of the change strategy and accountability for its implementation in compliance with Group Standards and Regulations. Working within a fast moving and demanding environment with significant regulatory changes and strict timelines
- Focus on knowledge driven growth for the team
- Identify critical employees and create succession plans
- Support innovation in hiring strategies for finding the best talent pool
- Excellent verbal and written communication style. Ability to confidently build a strong rapport with project teams and the client.
- To work effectively with varying levels of people in finance function, various processes, PMO, IT as required, providing leadership and direction where required.
- Suggest improvement ideas to set up standard global operations
- Experience as Insurance CFO / Controller in a global environment (preferred)
- Good understanding of P&C Insurance products and experience of analyzing / understanding financials working in collaboration with other teams like actuarial, IT etc (preferred)
- Experience of understanding and challenging existing accounting treatments, and of the application of new requirements (working knowledge of IFRS 4 and IAS 39 preferred)
- Experience of the planning and forecasting cycle in a large organization (preferred)
- US GAAP exposure