- Stay focused on execution with delivery dates in hindsight before taking any decision
- Develop technical vision with founders
- Contribute as an individual programmer to eliminate bottlenecks for rest of the team
- Ensure a meritocratic, creative and delivery focused organization culture
- Nurture talent from within the company and attract new talent from technical network
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company's strategic direction.
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities.
- Formulate long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department.
- Assure that department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor.
- Assure that product is designed for specific needs, but with wider applications in mind.
- Hire and direct staff of senior group members to acquire necessary resources to meet scheduled commitments.
- Ensure implementation and refinement as required of formal process to support the product development process.
- Ensure that product development is focused on meeting and exceeding the customer requirements.
Education & Experience : Minimum BSEE, 10+ years of experience, with at least 5 years in a management position.
- Out of the box thinker must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- Competent in electronic hardware and software design.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Business related computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Current platform - MySQL, JAVA, PHP and Python.
- Core Current Product Features - Extraction from different web portals, domain specific analytics on acquired data based on business rules,
- Near future product roadmap - Expanding domain analytics, incorporating machine learning for operations optimizations, developing data streams from hundreds of different sources, extensive feature set expansion, etc.
- Compensation - stock options, performance linked bonuses & salary.