1. Creation of risk and underwriting platform, deployment of underwriting models and agreed risk strategies.
2. Evaluation and appraisal of credit applications.
3. Create an environment of effective risk evaluation and risk monitoring.
4. Ensure soundness of credit portfolio.
5. Framing an Risk Policy for the SBU that covers all the parameters of risk framework
6. Establishing an effective risk policy across various LoBs through risk identification and mitigants
7. To work with Business Risk Group and make sure that risk policy / framework is implemented.
8. Conducting periodical credit risk governance meetings and highlighting any critical issues.
9. Risk reporting and monitoring- Responsible for risk reporting framework for the SBU. This involves creation of framework for parameters that needs to be tracked by Business Risk Group and Global Risk Group, deciding the frequency and sufficiency for reporting.
10. Risk Evaluation for existing and new products.
11. Ensuring policy adherence, highlighting deviations if any and getting the same regularized.
12. Key custodian of any SBU specific initiative (driven by Business Risk Group/ COO) that has potential Risk impact.
13. Impart training at various forums such as business and country meets.
14. Develop the Enterprise Risk Management framework through a holistic analysis of business risks, including non-trading risks.