- VP- Band 5 Supervisor
- Span of Control - Should have handled 20 - 40+ candidates
- Skill set : Experience in broad spectrum of Technology Areas with at least 16 years of hands on experience in delivering Technology projects in a Global Context for a Bank, Financial Institution, a large Investment Bank or one of the Reference
- Total Experience : 16 years
- Notice Period - We will prefer candidates that have a 2 months notice period
GMOT - Global Markets Operations Technology (GMOT) within the GMT&O organization Provides technology solutions across a wide range of Global Markets Operations functions including Clearing, Settlement, Accounting, Financial Management and Reconciliation for a wide range of asset classes including Equities, Rates, Currencies, Credit, Mortgages, Commodities and their Derivatives transactions.
As a Lead, responsibility would be to provide technical leadership and guidance to the teams on day to day issues, along with providing strategic leadership and vision on the strategic programs implementation. The lead should be equipped to design and implement a project end-to-end along with a local team
- Ensure delivery of work packets in accordance with the project plans
- To be able to work with minimal supervision and ability to take ownership of Analysis, Development & Testing activities
- Gathering information, carry out research and perform root cause analysis
- Work with other development, support and testing teams in Front office, Backoffice, Operations to provide optimal solutions
- Provide leadership and guidance to the function in the following areas
- Approach and design
- Business Requirements and Functional knowledge
- Technical Skills
- Best practice and group standards
- Opportunities where synergies and efficiencies might be generated across the organization
- Work with global technology heads and support groups to onboard resources and effectively create learning/skill development aids for training of the onboarded resources
- Team members skill development and learning
- Application Onboarding
- Resolve issues (team and onshore partners) in a timely manner
- Accept accountability for the program success (budget, schedule and quality, manage and track the progress of multiple project tasks).
- Application rationalization methodology & optimize applications for better performance
- Ensure that all dependencies and associated risks are well understood and the impact is well communicated.
- Maintain rigorous change control procedures and manage change requests
- Ability to manage risks, priorities, and provide information for steering committees.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly status reports
- Be able to operate globally while delivering locally
- To be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to take ownership of the deliverables
- Strong technical developer with 6-10 years of experience.
- Experience in broad spectrum of Technology Areas with at least 16 years of hands on experience in delivering Technology projects in a Global Context for a Bank, Financial Institution, a large Investment Bank or one of the Reference Data provider / product vendor.
- Experience in the Global Markets / Securities / Risk Management / Banking Technology with Engineering / Computer Science background. Would prefer at least 6 years of experience in Global Markets & 4 years of experience in Transaction flow systems or Reference Data
- Should demonstrate strategic thought leadership and should have the ability to provide a vision and lead a large size team towards the defined strategic goals
- Strong experience with delivery of Application Development for applications in Global Markets.
- Previously delivered complex application development in a global delivery model (onshore-offshore) with a strong understanding of large data handling design patterns
- Leadership qualities to lead a talented group of application leads and provide for a vision for the group (40+ technology associates)
- Strong IT technical skills (Java, J2EE, Database, Webservices) based on formal academic qualification
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience on Testing
- A proactive approach to problem solving and think innovatively
- Ability to manage concurrent activities and issues are a must
- Experience working in Agile delivery methodology
- Mainframe experience would be an added advantage
- Experience on Global Markets Reference Data Operations
- Big data