* Ability to engage with users and customers
* Define the user interaction model and work-flows
* Help drive product direction based on field research and functional requirements
* In certain cases, design mockups including wireframes.
* Work closely with product managers and development team
* Be aware of various ways to conduct user research
* Facilitate project communication across a multi-disciplinary team throughout all phases of the project
* Help develop and apply creative new UE concepts to Cisco products
* Have experience conducting usability testing and user interviews.
* BS/BA/Masters in Design, Human Computer Interaction or related degree in Computer Science with an HCI specialty, Human Factors, Industrial Design or related field or equivalent experience
* 2 to 3 years of experience for Masters and 3-7 years for BS/BA in design.
* Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and structure UIs that simplify these concepts
* Excellent time-management, multi-tasking ability, and the ability to prioritize
* Strong visual and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team