One of our client, a leading Private Bank needs a Unit Head - Software & ELA / ULA licenses Management
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To ensure the license compliance by understanding the changes in licensing of various softwares, by tracking the softwares deployed in the bank & by putting adequate process controls.
- To ensure Automation of License management process
- To ensure continuous improvement in license management process
- To ensure the effective utilisation of products covered under various ELA / ULA to achieve desired commercial benefits from such contractual engagements.
- To manage relationship with the various IT Vendors.
a) Type / Approximate length of relevant work experience required to commence job
Over 12 yrs of experience with specific experience as given below.
- Experience in the software licensing and enterprise licensing modalities from compliance, financial benefits point of view.
- Know how of license metrics of various products
b) Professional Qualification / Training required
MBA / MCA / MSc in Computer Science / Information Technology.
Certification course / Training on SAM or HAM certification.
c) Distinctive competencies / Special Skills needed
Analytical Skills and managerial qualities.
Skills on vendor management, negotiation skills, Contract Management, Budgeting and Financial planning
o - MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
(what you do and how you do it)
1 License & ELA Management :
To facilitate management to establish the case to do "Enterprise License Agreement" for various infrastructure software's being used by the bank IN ORDER TO achieve better pricing by volume negotiation RESULTING IN cost saving on the procurement of these software and to reduce/ avoid the time spent on the procurement and negotiation process. Ensure the optimal utilization of the product IN ORDER TO protect the investment done by creating awareness on these product and by tracking the deployment and by ensuring the proper support on these product by respective vendors.
To ensure required process control is in place to track the software procured and deployed to achieve the required software compliance and periodic review with the management.
2 Compliance Management:
To Ensure the controls within team to comply with the laid IT policies and process, Audit requirements and review the same periodicaly.
3 Budgeting & Planning :
To ensure the proper utilization of the budgets in line with the planned initiative and to define the strategic initiatives, plans & budget for the coming financial year.
4 Vendor Management:
To manage the various vendors from project management & solution support point of view IN ORDER TO obtain a solution as per agreed design & within negotiated cost and time estimates, result-oriented work, quality support and SLA management RESULTING IN cost effective & workable business application solution and leveraging of technology capabilities for operational efficiencies