Software Engineer capabilities with 1-8 years of experience, relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, performs a variety of complicated tasks, may lead and direct the work of others, may report directly to a project lead or manager, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- This position if for what is commonly called a "UX Designer- or "Interaction Designer- in the industry.
- The candidate should have experience designing the information architecture, user interface and user interactions for systems.
- Skills should include interpreting user research to design highly usable system information architecture and screen designs.
- They should be able to develop both low fidelity and high fidelity prototypes and have the knowledge and skills to evaluate the designs' usability through cognitive walkthroughs and heuristic reviews.
- The individual should be able to plan and execute other forms of usability evaluations including informal and formal usability tests. To be effective, the candidate should be familiar with user profiles and personas and how to use them in design development and in a walkthrough.
- Since the individual should have the skills and mindset more closely aligned with human computer interaction or cognitive science graduates than software engineers or programmers, experience or advanced degree in cognitive science and/or Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or Human Factors is desired.
- Visual and graphical design skills are also very beneficial.
- Application/Software Engineer Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
Additional Requirements (highly desirable and high priority):
- 1(+HCI graduate degree) to 4 years or more developing low and high fidelity prototypes for UI design
- 1(+HCI graduate degree) to 4 years or more performing information architecture design for system UIs
- 1(+HCI graduate degree) to 4 years or more experience in usability assessments of software such as cognitive and heuristic walkthroughs as well as formal usability testing
- 1(+HCI graduate degree) to 4 years or more experience in Agile development methods
- 1(+HCI graduate degree) to 4 years or more experience in interface visual design
- 1 to 4 years or more experience in the use of the Axure prototyping / mockup software tool
- 1 to 4 years or more experience writing HTML5 code - 1 to 4 years or more experience developing cascading style sheets