Transportation Operations Director
? Develop and execute comprehensive Pan India transportation and strategic plans which will drive optimal customer service and shareholder results in partnership/teamwork with functional and business unit peers and stakeholders.
? Develop/lead transformation planning for targeted improvement areas.
? Drive operational excellence and best practices across the logistics network to reduce costs per year while maintaining/increasing service levels and working capital performance.
? Drive change management activities related to transportation and velocity across the Pan India sites.
? Provide Strategic Direction to the logistics operations in India including creation of policies and procedures to provide seem less support to the business
? Creation of right org structure to support operations create dynamic and skilled teams with ability to control operations
? Proficient in creation of budget on various operational models that suit the city/business requirements; creation of cost control measures, presentation of MIS reports, decks to the leadership and other stake holders
? Creation of complaint management systems pro-active addressing of complaints and requests in line with policies
? Creation and submission of MIS reports to provide real time operational data on operational efficiency, time, cost including during BCP scenario
? Benchmark costs against the industry and internal operational models to ensure efficiency of operations leads to cost efficiency
? Create MIS reports to be submitted to leadership, Finance and BUs
? Ensure smooth function of day to day Supply Chain for Transport Operations.
? Creation of right safety guidelines for transport operations and ensure effective implementation and audit
? Auditing based on the requirements of the SOX
? Ensure team has KRAs and quarterly assessment completed on performance
? Work with GPT in Identifying and building a strong vendor base that meets the organizations standards
? Set up regular meetings and briefing with BUs to set expectations and create confidence on the conduct of operations
? Create right processes and procedures to ensure transparency in dealings, invoice processing and payments
? Bring in changes to use technology to support efficient management of logistics operations
Qualification, Experience & Skill Sets:
1. Graduate or post graduate with diploma in management preferred with 18+ and above years of experience in similar areas and work experience in MNCs preferred (Companies similar or bigger in scale and type of logistics operations to SGS)
2. Must have very good communication skills verbal and written. Very good with presentations, data analysis and making business cases
3. Cost effective focus and Vendor Management skills / experience are essential. Work with inter-departments to augment existing requirements and initiate / achieve new assignments
4. Implement SOX-compliant procedures in day-to-day operations
5. Strong knowledge of ERPs and Computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
6. Ability to set strategic direction, and build a sense of shared purpose and vision
7. Skill in process management, planning and change management
8. Demonstrated skill in identifying root causes of problems/issues by asking probing questions and the ability to develop recommendations for resolution
9. Collaborative leadership style.
10. Ability to influence decision making, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, lead teams to agreement and resolution, and maintain effective work relationships internally and externally.
11. Change leadership.
12. Possess the ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstance and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.