- The creation, update and deletion of database objects such as Databases, Views, Users, Roles and Profiles etc.
- System monitoring using view point, Performance tuning of queries, identified potential bottlenecks with queries from the aspects of query writing, skewed redistributions, join order, optimizer statistics, physical design considerations (PI and USI and NUSI and JI etc) etc. Analyzing explain
- Resource partitions, classify and govern the query before its execution in the database.
- Database Query Log(DBQL), ResUsage, Access Logging
- Creation and managing Users, Databases, Roles, Profiles and Accounts. Assigning profiles, granting or revoking access rights or roles, changing of passwords etc.
- Managing the allocation of database space (Permanent Space, Spool Space and Temporary Space) across the entire system.
- Recording and tracking of Space Movements to assist with capacity planning and forecasting.
- Using techniques such as Multi-value compression (MVC) and BLC to reduce unnecessary disk space usage.
Access of Database Objects:
Granting and Revoking Access Rights on different database objects.
- Handling logon and logoff rules for Users.
- Implementation of TDWallet.
- Specification of system defaults, restart etc.
Capacity Planning & Management:
- Analyze the past and current data to predict the future capacity (CPU processing and Storage) requirements
Data Storage and Management:
- Archiving and restoring data using the Teradata DSA and ARCMAIN utility.
- Using Mload, TPT, Fastload, Fastexport, Bteq Utilities.
- Expert in Datamovement Utilities like Datamover.
- Implementation of QueryGrid and Foreign Servers.
- Experience in handling live incident related to Teradata system