Provides Technical Support leadership to regional or functional teams within the Technical Support organization
- Manages a Functional or Technical Customer Support group.
- Develop work plans and establish the technical direction of the Technical Support department.
- Administer Technical Support programs and develop and recommend new programs to higher-level management staff.
- Ensure product technical design, reliability and maintenance problems are addressed and brought to the attention of the technical support department.
- Interface throughout the company to understand and identify possible solutions. Ensure support programs are current with regard to upgrades, new product releases, trends, practices and costs.
- Work with other departmental managers to ensure that the Support department is meeting internal and external needs, operating efficiently, and cost effectively and acquiring appropriate information to meet customer needs and generate accurate reports.
- Directs the activities of groups in singular or multiple disciplines.
- Requires complete functional knowledge and awareness of company goals and objectives.
- Develops functional processes for area managed.
- Develops operational policies within the area managed.
Requires the ability to influence others to achieve results. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies, which affect immediate operations and may also, have company-wide effect.
Manages the activities of professional employees with similar technical or functional responsibilities.
Responsible for implementing operational and strategic policies and directives.
Interfaces with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs. Has full budgetary responsibilities.
Establishes and recommends changes to policies which effect subordinate organization.
External / Internal Contact:
Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of, others in sensitive situations.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Acts as advisor to subordinate's) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers budgets, schedules, and performance requirements.
Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve goals results in additional costs and personnel, and serious delays in overall schedules.