Technical Services Manager - Flexible Film Packaging - Converter
o You will select the right types of flexible films as well troubleshooting technical issues related to the products' specifications. You will also develop engineering or sciences solutions and manage new product introduction, ensuring smooth application into clients' applications.
o Provide competent and efficient technical service to our Client film customers for polyethylene resin selection, film processing and film equipment parameters to optimize the film equipment.
o Conduct film processing trials at the customer's facilities while working in a safe manner.
o Provide detailed customer call reports of customer film trials, customer visits & trade shows.
o Create physical data property data sheets for our client film polyethylene resins.
o Possess knowledge of competitive film resins.
o Possess knowledge of test methods for polyethylene film structures.
o Possess knowledge of multilayer film structures for packaging applications.
o Utilize the knowledge of the film equipment to optimize the performance of our products on the customers film equipment.
o Investigate customer complaints & issues using techniques such as Six Sigma methodology to get to the cause of challenging issues.
o Champion customer needs & issues with marketing & manufacturing.
o Provide technical expertise and guidance to sales & marketing teams on a regular basis.
o Develop relationships with film equipment & accessory suppliers.
o Apprehend the current trends in multilayer film technology and deliver this knowledge to our client film customers. Stay current with new technology in packaging structures and relate to our customers, thus enabling Shell to provide leadership in blown film technology.
o Develop & provide technical training in film processing & polymer science for our customers.
o Maintain a safe work environment by complying with all safety policies and procedures.
Qualification And Experience:
1. You should have a Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Science or equivalent, with at least 8+ years of work experience of R&D, applications, technical services or support or engineering within the flexible film packaging industries. You should have strong understanding on flexible film packaging industries and markets.
2. Technical experience in in the area of product application technical service and/or product R&D preferably with a major producer, distributor, or polyethylene converter. Experience needs to be of recent nature.
3. Proven expertise in polyethylene film technology with required exposure to polyethylene film resins. Must not have any legal restrictions working with polyethylene technology.
4. Strong preference for projects which require trouble shooting customer issues.
5. Strong understanding of quality & six sigma.
6. Willingness to travel.
7. Proven ability to interface with a broad spectrum of stakeholders including operations staff, research staff, commercial staff, and polyethylene customers.