The BI/DW Technical Lead is responsible for understanding BI/DW business requirements, creating technical specifications and coordinating the development and testing tasks with onsite and his/her offshore teams. The project lead will serve as a liaison between On Site Business Analysts ,architects and coordinate with his teams to complete BI/DW projects deliverables.
1. At least 8 years of experience in the Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence field, with technical mastery in data warehousing concepts, dimensional modeling, analytics, reporting, and information driven technologies, techniques and tools.
2. MUST have experience in developing and owning solutions in large scale, complex enterprise BI/DW environments . Must have hands-on experience in :
A) ETL using Informatica
B) Database Services using TERADATA- BTEQ, include SQL Performance Tuning.
3. Must have worked with at least 5/6 end-to-end BI / DW product development life cycle (design, coding, testing, UAT, Rollout) in on-shore / off-shore type engagement. Preferable on agile projects.
4. Experience in client management derived from good communication skills and ability to manage expectations
5. Project/Program management skills. Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
6. Ability to work responsibly and independently under minimal supervision.
7. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
8. Ability to provide a leadership / guidance to the team and leads at offshore.
9. Experience of managing technical resources of minimum team of 10-15 members
10.Create technical specifications in accordance with business requirements documentation
11.Coordinate the testing tasks with In-house Quality Analysts and onsite Business Analysts
12.Conduct quality reviews on offshore development deliverables
13.Provide hands-on technical expertise in Informatica, TERDATA & UNIX changes. Willing to do the development work when required.