Responsibilities and Attributes :
- Very good understanding of core Java, Servlets, Spring framework and ORM tools like Hibernate
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful web services
- Good practical knowledge of relational databases
- Good knowledge of AngularJS, HTML and CSS
- Solid understanding of object oriented design patterns, JPA, data structures, algorithms, MVC and concurrency/multithreading
- Experience with software engineering tools like Maven, Jenkins, Git
- Good understanding of functional programming concepts and should have used it in at least one language (Java/Scala/Python/R)
- Experience with test automation (unit, functional, integration)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or any other cloud provider services
- Highly desired but not mandatory skills:
- Experience with at least some of the Big data frameworks like Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, SOLR etc.
- Experience with non-relational databases (MongoDB, CouchDB etc).
- Fundamental understanding of scale-out/high-availability architecture and low latency distributed messaging frameworks
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Knowledge of caching technologies like EhCache, OSCache etc.
- Experience optimizing web applications(CDN, Code compression)
Good to have skills :
- Text mining/ Machine learning