Key Responsibilities :
- Ability to CODE is important and required. Analytical skills are a MUST.
- Manage day to day engineering operations, deliverables, and priorities. Actively participate in day to day development, architecture and project planning. Hands-on coding along-side your team.
- Build systems, planning and structuring the hardware and software, with heavy performance and scalability requirements.
- End-End Product ownership. Be accountable to the executive team for the success of a small team reporting to you.
- Lead and define the technical direction and standards for the engineering team.
- Provide thought leadership in technology direction, best practices in development and coding enterprise-class solutions
Skills and Experience :
- 6+ years of growing, developing and leading a team of software developers
- Should be able to learn and adapt to multiple languages, software and products
- Experience within a high-growth company; demonstrated success building and scaling engineering teams from the ground up
- Experience managing when requirements exceed resources, providing leadership in communication with developers and management
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Strong experience and hands-on knowledge with mobile app development, web development, and backend technologies
Java, ReactJS, Angular.js, Node.js, MySQL, Mobile Development, Server Infrastructure, UNIX Administration, Cloud Hosting, AWS etc - whatever - get the job done
- Expertise in building teams from scratch