Technical Architect Role Description :
Review and integrate all application requirements, including functional, security, integration, performance, quality and operations requirements. Review and integrate the technical architecture requirements. Provide input into final decisions regarding hardware, network products, system software and security.
Must have Skills : Cloud Computing
Good to Have Skills :
• Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of large scale Cloudera Hadoop environments including cluster set up, performance tuning and monitoring in an enterprise environment.
• Cloud Architect experience on AWS and/or Azure or OpenStack or Softlayer
• Aligning with the Infrastructure Management and Application Technology & Solutions teams to deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
• Experience on virtualization
• Working with various application teams to setup new Hadoop users. This includes setting up and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig and MapReduce access for the new users.
• Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using Cloudera Manager Enterprise and others.
• Installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting CDH 5.x, including various components. This includes but not limited to HDFS, Impala, Sqoop, Flume, Hive, YARN, SPARK, etc.
• Manage and monitor platform infrastructure
• Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
• Automate cluster node provisioning and repetitive tasks.
• Manage Hadoop stack support run book.
• Responsible for cluster availability and available 24x7 on call support.
• Support disaster recovery and business continuity practice
• Serve as a point of contact for vendor escalation Qualification
• Cloudera and/or Hadoop Certification is a must.
• + 3 years of hands on experience in Hadoop and related technology stack.
• Work Experience and Certification on any Cloud technology
• Strong understanding of Hadoop design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factor