1. Oversee 100% of the requests, incidents and problems. Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents. Develop and mature phone/ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
2. Provides a focus for SLA management and customer satisfaction across the relevant customer base. Ensure the information systems and the review structure for SLAs and client satisfaction are in place and effectively used.
3. Oversees the integration of all service delivery units and constantly improves the quality and inter-working of the whole service team, to ensure a seamless end-to-end delivery of service for End Users.
4. Monitor, Mentor and coach Service Desk Engineers (Level 1 / 2) including career development. Oversee staff activities. Builds / obtains (from other departments) training material for support staff. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support. Interact with internal and external customers.
5. Provide data and reporting of KPIs and trends to IT department and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed. Will drive Ticket Deep Dive and develop strategies for improvement. Work to make Service Desk the single source of truth and service delivery channel for IT. Monitor and manage phone queue (participating in escalated calls as needed).
6. Oversee Solutions repository and ensure top quality solutions are available. Develops Service and Business Level Agreements to set expectations and measure performance. Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support in the organization. Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
1. Review the performance of the Service Desk Engineers from Time to Time and provide necessary coaching / feedback (Daily / Weekly / Monthly).
2. Track the attendance / timesheets (Login & Logout) of the Service Desk Engineers and report to management and other departments in case of any gaps.
3. Approve the Time sheet request from the Engineers on time to ensure that there is no leave or absence.
4. Track the leave request and report to the manager for long leaves.
5. Issue PIPs for non-performers (if any) and track their performance on a daily & weekly basis.
6. Send regular reports to manager (as per the agreed timelines) to update on the team and their performance.
7. Timely completion of Appraisals / performance review for the Level 1 and 2 Engineers.
8. Connect with Technical Team and the Quality team to gather new updates about the TCGs and share the same with the team.
9. Monitor the Level 1 and Level 2 engineers using the QA Monitoring form and provide feedback to engineers.
10. Generate regular TCG report based on the calls handled by the team and share it with the Technical Team for solutions.
11. Handle Escalations (if any) from time to time and provide feedback to the engineers.
12. Participate on all Technical discussion (internal / external) and pass the feedback to the Team.
13. Schedule and co-ordinate regular training / assessments for the team to build the knowledge gap.
14. Ensure that regular team building activities are carried out, co-ordinate with the respective managers in other department to ensure that this is organized properly.
15. Ensure that the onboarding and relieving of the team members are carried out properly and all company related information (Critical to Business) are secured.
16. Regular follow up to be done on the escalated tickets and ensure that solution is provided to the user.
17. Frequent check should be done on the Open / follow up tickets and should also check if all promised callbacks (if any) have been done on time.
18. Track the survey response from user based on the resolution provided by the team members.
19. All new solutions identified by the team should be taken to the Tech Lead and QA Team to be published as Journals / Internal notes on KB.
MS Word and Excel knowledge
ITIL knowledge preferably ITIL practitionerV3, or foundation V3
Networking knowledge within a global environment
Networking or telecoms experience
Good understanding of TCP/IP
Experience of management and monitoring tools (SNMP based)
Experience with reporting tools
Working experience in a support role (level2/3) in a service provider environment
Ability to analyze data and transfer into a reporting package/with executive summary
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce good quality work
Able to multitask to manage multiple escalations
Sense of ownership to see things through to completion
Ability to learn new technologies quickly
willing and able to work shifts
Ability to mentor and coach less experience staff