Urgent Requirement for Team Managers, Senior Officers & Junior Officers - Anti Money Laundering
Role & Responsibilities
1) Manage team of Junior and Senior AML Officers
2) Establish measurable goals, set out objectives, provide target deadlines for daily / periodic tasks, ensure that tasks are completed within defined / assigned time.
3) Plan, allocate, prioritize and regularly monitor work done by team members. Plan for important & priority assignments and track progress
4) Focus on quality of work done by team members, ensure regular review of work done by team members to build a quality driven culture
5) Ensure that team members are focused towards process knowledge, is able to identify key issues / control gaps and takes solution driven initiatives to resolve issues identified
6) Regularly carry out team meetings to ensure that all important information that impact individual and team performance is effectively communicated to team
7) Provide guidance, direction and all necessary support to individual team member and to team as a whole to help them discharge their duties effectively, improve performance, reduce conflict, increase team collaboration and keep team focused on individual / team / organizational goals
8) Mentor and coach subordinates to develop the teams capabilities and build a robust back up for all activities, including team monitoring in absence of team leader
9) Recognize performance, nominate team members for reward, address concerns of team members and bring important staff related issues to the knowledge of the Unit Head.
Alerts and Suspicious Trading Reports:
1) To ensure that Senior AML officers in the team carry out timely review of alerts closed by team members.
2) To ensure timely review of Ground of Suspicion (GOS), approve STR and review all other work done by the team.
3) To analyze alerts scenarios implemented in SAS system and suggest parameter changes to reduce false positives
4) To analyze the reports used for monitoring and suggest improvements in scenarios used for generating the reports outside SAS system
Other Important Areas:
1) To maintain task tracker for self. Plan, prioritize and regularly monitor important & priority assignments and track progress
2) To liaise, discuss and attend meetings with BTG / IT and other stake holders to address any AML related requirements/queries, system enhancements, timely release AML systems, timely receipt of various reports required for monitoring which are provided by product / operations / Fincon / IT teams
3) To ensure manual intervention and scope of errors in regulatory returns are reviewed regularly and control framework is build towards zero error
4) To prepare board notes and other important MIS for Management Reporting
1) To ensure all processes are documented and same is kept updated at all times
2) To ensure availability of evidences for any investigation by internal or external bodies
3) To maintain and publish MIS on a regular as well as on need basis
Improvements and Value addition:
1) Lead efforts towards identification / mitigation of organization-wide AML risks through conduct of independent reviews, highlighting findings to senior management and closely monitor roadmap towards implementing actionable drawn with target dates
2) To suggest process improvements and bring efficiency in the activities carried out in the unit
3) To identify Automation opportunities to improve operational efficiencies at team and bank level
4) To keep self, updated with all regulatory guidelines and key developments in AML domain and appear for mandatory AML courses as determined from time to time
5) To ensure team members are nominated for special assignments
To handle work related to regulatory reporting, handling regulatory queries, customer risk profiling, AML awareness & training etc.
1) Regulatory Reporting: To liaise with BPRG-R/IT-BSG for preparation and timely filing of all regulatory returns and other data sought by FIU and other regulators and liaise with respective regulator for any clarification / extension required, if any
2) Regulatory / Branch Queries: To arrange and collect all relevant information required by external agencies like RBI / SEBI / FIU-IND / Police or any other agency under statutory obligations involved in investigative procedures. To handle queries received from branches / other departments and arrange for addressing the same.
3) Customer Risk Profiling: To ensure regular review of risk profiling done for new customers and re-profiling done for existing customers and carry out RCA for gaps if any identified.
4) AML awareness & training: To increase AML awareness at the bank level and actively engage with HR for conducting AML related trainings and to create awareness and send out knowledge series regularly.
Desired Candidate Profile:Required Profile: Team Head: Exp Level - 10+ YrsSenior Officer: Exp Level - 7+ YrsJunior Officer: Exp Level 4+ YrsShould have sound knowledge on KYC/AML proceduresShould have good oral and written communication skillsShould have analytical and investigative abilitiesShould have team management and delegation skillsIIBF certification desirable