1) Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using handtools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment: Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers, following electrical code and blueprints, using handtools and voltage tester.
2) Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using handtools and test equipment.
3) Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using handtools.
4) Tests malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment, and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, such as MACHINE REPAIRER, MAINTENANCE and TOOL MAKER, MAINTENANCE , to diagnose malfunction.
5) Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices, using handtools.
6) Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
7) May diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
8)May be required to hold electrician's license.
9) May be designated according to equipment repaired as Circuit-Breaker Mechanic; Electrician, Crane Maintenance; Electrician, Rectifier Maintenance; Salvage Repairer I; Time Clock Repairer; Transformer-Coil Winder; or according to work location as Electrician, Machine Shop; Electrician, Refinery; Underground Repairer.