As part of the Marine & Offshore Business Information System (BIS) Java Delivery team, candidate will be involved in software development and maintenance for Marine & Offshore business solutions. This includes back-office and operational web applications.
Candidate will be the technical referent and point of contact with the French team in an agile methodology environment.
Candidate should be able to:
- Autonomous worker,
- Demonstrate a good capacity to gather team questions and blocking points, be proactive and highlight risks in order to discuss and clarify them with French team.
- Coach a Java development team and demonstrate ability to work on all aspects of java application build: coding, testing (Junit), code peer review and integration test etc.
- Workload management, Release and delivery management
- Interest of understanding business processes
Candidate should have a strong knowledge on java architecture and design patterns and should be able to quickly acquire corporate standards. Candidate should have at least 10 years of experience as lead developer in java technology and be able to coach and support less experienced team members.
Candidate will work and communicate with other team members in France on a daily basis and should therefore have good English speaking, writing and reporting skills.
- Modelling language : UML
- RDBMS : Oracle
- Applications Servers : Tomcat, JBoss
- Frameworks : Spring, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC (Query DSL), Struts, Hibernate, Junit
- IDE : Eclipse, SVN, Maven
- Other : Jira, Jenkins, SonarQube
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- 8-10 yrs. Experience in team leading and development (Java, J2EE, SQL),
- Very good written and oral communication skills (English required).
- Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good practice of UML diagram (use case, class diagram, activity diagram, sequence diagram and transition state diagram)
- Strong in Core Java, J2EE and Spring (JDBC, MVC).
- Strong experience in code reviewing and testing
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly. (ability to learn complex information quickly)
- Experience in handling low level design.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS :
- B.E./ B.Tech or MCA in Computers/ Information Technology or related discipline
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES :
- Ability to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Additional working hours as required.