The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
Essential Knowledge -
1. Expertise in Linux. ( RHCE preferable ).
2. Good knowledge on Server Installation - OS Configuration / server mounting / rack management.
3. Expertise in managing network devices - Cisco / Fortinet / Arista / Solarflare.
4. VPN Tunnels / Routing Protocols / PIM.
5. Managing SAN.
6. Experience with monitoring tools - Nagios / PRTG / MRTG / Netflow.
7. Good knowledge on Domain controller setup.
8. Good with batch script writing in windows.
9. Diagnosis capabilities.
Operations and Support :
1. Manage Production Servers / Implement changes.
2. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
3. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
4. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
5. Configure Network - VPN / Routing.