Essential Knowledge -
1. Expertise in Linux. ( RHCE preferable ).
2. Good knowledge on Server Installation - OS Configuration / server mounting / rack management.
3. Expertise in managing network devices - Cisco / Fortinet / Arista / Solarflare.
4. VPN Tunnels / Routing Protocols / PIM.
5. Managing SAN.
6. Experience with monitoring tools - Nagios / PRTG / MRTG / Netflow.
7. Good knowledge on Domain controller setup.
8. Good with batch script writing in windows.
9. Diagnosis capabilities.
Operations and Support :
1. Manage Production Servers / Implement changes.
2. Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
3. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
4. Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
5. Configure Network - VPN / Routing.