- Preparation of budget.
- Achieving sales targets/ABP & ensuring profitability of the store.
- Achieving budgeted numbers on Conversions, Bill Size, Value per Customer.
- Implementing measures for Cost Control.
- Achieving PBDIT.
- Developing new avenues for promoting the business.
- Ensuring all activities during store opening and store closing.
- Ensuring that all Cash tills are functioning optimally and minimum manual bills are prepared.
- Co-ordinating with IT on issues relating to cataloguing, cashiering, schemes etc.
- Co-ordinating with Category Management team to ensure proper running of the schemes.
- Oversees outsourced functions of Housekeeping and Security, with a view to optimise their utilization.
- Providing on the job training to staff.
- Imparting training to DMs, ADMs on Product Knowledge, Merchandising, Inventory Management, Sales Planning, Sales Budgeting in co-ordination with the HR,
- Ensures that all employees are disciplined and adhere to the stores policies.
- Inspects staff grooming
- Develops & maintains a motivated and enthusiastic team who would achieve and exceed targets.
- Creates a professional environment for internal as well as external customers.
- Boosting staff morale and developing the right attitude and team spirit in them.
- Discipline and decorum maintenance.
- Identification of potential people for higher responsibilities.
- Building relationships with institutes in and around the store for recruitment and for promotions.
- Succession planning.
- Responsible for Grooming and development of staff for future roles.
- Optimise employee productivity through effective communication and transparency.
- Minimize attrition.
- Ensure team should get incentives based on their targets.
- Create/maintain a brand image of Food Bazaar.
- Co-ordinate with marketing department at Zonal Office for implementing marketing strategies/promotions.
- Analyse space allocation category-wise and subcategory-wise with respect to the Sales generated, stock capacity and seasons.
- Increase or decrease space allocation and make alteration of fittings on the basis of such analysis.
SHOP IN SHOP
- Appointment of shop in shops.
- Monitoring the performance through various reports.
- Space selling for advertisements, displays, and promotions
- Resolving customer complaints.
- Interacting with customers & obtaining their feedback.
- Monitoring activities of CSD.
- Formulating policies and processes to make CSD more customer friendly and effective in its purpose.
- Addresses concerns and queries of customers by being personally available to them
- Customer Relations Management.
- Lends a direction towards Customer Service Management.
- Approves the Good Receipt Note (GRN) for Food Bazaar.
- Co-ordinates with Warehouse In charge for stock movement both inward & outward.
- Ensures that optimum stock levels are maintained by all the departments through an efficient ordering system.
- Ensures that no good moves out of the store without proper delivery challan.
- Maintains the look of the store in consultation with the Visual Merchandiser.
- Visual Presentation of merchandise.
- Identify, lend direction, strategy to the placement of tools of Visual Merchandising.
- Improving & maintaining the facade of the store.
- Ensure clear-cut communication through signage's.
- Liaison with various Govt. bodies for permissions and licenses required for smooth operations of the Store.
- Liaison with Corporates and Institutions for bulk sales to them.
- Maintain cordial relation with mall management authorities.
- Develop awareness about the organized, unorganised retailing segments and identifying their strengths and weaknesses.
- Identifying competitors in each and every category. Comparing their prices, their suppliers with that of ours.
- Comparing the physical appearances, fixtures, lighting and area allocation per category of competitors- vis--vis those of Food Bazaar.
- SWOT analysis of all the major surrounded authorities.
- Updates the merchandising team of the latest trends in the market.
- Update the merchandising team of the fast movers/slow movers and making marketing strategy in coordination with category to ensure desired stock turnover.
- Develops systems to control pilferage/shoplifting.
- Identification of the merchandise likely to be pilfered.
- Identifying areas in the store where security is to be beefed up.
SUPPORT NEW STORE OPENING
- Provide assistance to the project team in terms of liaisoning with Govt. bodies, compliance issues, and setting up of systems & processes.
- Identifying staffs that have expertise in their functional areas, and assigning them the responsibility of guiding the new project team in setting up the systems & processes.
- Supervising the fixed assets in the store.
- Handling the local purchases of materials for maintenance as and when needed.
- Monitoring electricity and AC usage and ensuring optimum utilization of energy, thereby resulting in Cost Reduction.