Project Role :
- Test Architect is primarily responsible for providing technical leadership & strategic direction to the entire testing team as solution to complex testing problems.
- He/She will be working with the Test Manager to achieve the Project goal. Test Architect will be assigned to a project or may be shared across projects and will be designing and implementing new tools and frameworks for both functional and performance testing.
- In addition to framework/tool development you will be responsible for testing the most technically challenging features of the product.
- He/She will be the expert on a set of components or specialized testing types who can be consulted across projects.
- He/She should be able to review the design and architecture prepared from a testability angle and identify changes needed in test approach and test framework for automation and come out with proposal to keep framework ready when dev team starts completing stories/features.
As part of the job description, a Test Architect is expected to perform the following tasks :
- Design & Develop tools, test automation framework for various components and/or systems -
Design & Develop performance testing framework for on premise as well as cloud systems
- Document framework related artefacts & usage
- Defining & Executing E2E test strategy for a major release comprising of complex modules/features/components by understanding end to end objective and the design & architecture of the same
- Aligns with Product Architect and ensures testability to achieve 100% test coverage
- Focus on continuous improvements and optimization through test automation executed in CI approach, utilizing methodologies/test techniques, deriving best practices
- Lead all test automation efforts in your area, reviewing designs and code written by other quality engineers and being a technical mentor for test engineers to develop their programming skills
- Participate in design reviews & code reviews
- Ability to understand the big picture & link the dependencies between various features /components
- Technical thought leader for the team
- Continuously enhance product/domain knowledge
- Ability to retrospect the gaps in test framework & enhance to cover the needs of test coverage.