This position prefers an academic or professional certification in computer science or equivalent work experience, together with a minimum of 5 years hand-on experience in Oracle database administration.
The role is Technical (80%)+ Management activities (20%)
- Proven Oracle database administration experience with multiple database versions (Oracle 11g and 12c).
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience in database disciplines including, logical and physical database design, database implementation, security, access optimization, storage management, performance management, database architecture principles and practices, and database administration.
- Ability to manage team of DBA- s
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures.
- Strong practical experience in database performance monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning.
- Ability to decipher complex SQL structures and provide performance enhancing recommendations to development teams.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities to identify root cause of database related issues and the ability to resolve them quickly
- Proficiency in database backup and recovery methodologies (RMAN)
- Proficiency in Oracle installations, patching, support, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with RDBMS tools such as SQL- Plus, PL/SQL Developer and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Proficiency with database and application high availability architectures.
- Experience with other database systems, preferably SQL Server.
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems and shell scripting are required.
- Experience with Cognos, Business Objects, Informatica, Erwin, and Autosys is a plus
- Ability to work effectively in either a team or individual contributor environment..
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a focus on delivery, responsiveness, ownership, and accountability.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and client-facing skills. Ability to understand and effective communicate technical database concepts to a business audience.