Sr. Manager – Payroll & Compliance
• Management of the payroll processes including directing all aspects of payroll operations, overseeing payroll processes and procedures including taxes and finance demands regarding payroll payments and designing short-term and long-term strategies for continuous improvement in payroll operations.
• Responsible for managing all payroll day-to day operations including co-ordination with the key teams involved in ensuring an accurate and timely payroll close.
• Should have good knowledge of the payroll related taxes for monthly payroll review and for quarterly and annual payroll tax filings
• Ensure timely input to the Banking team for funding towards disbursement of salaries and tax payments.
• Works closely with the accounting team for timely month closing.
• Oversee the payroll activities related to monthly variance analysis, account reconciliation.
• Responsible for providing necessary information for internal and external audits
• Recommend and implement changes leading to best-practices in operations.
• Define and establish best-in-class global process for payroll operations, including interaction with HR administration and employee benefits programs, which meets jurisdictional compliance requirements, delivers outstanding employee support and enables our regional expansion programs
• Be the primary point of contact for driving excellence and consistency in payroll controls.
• Lead a regional employee-centric culture in the organization with highly collaborative relationships across key regional stakeholders C&B, HR and Accounting teams to review cross-functions impacts, and strategies the payroll operations accordingly
• Develop a team which achieves operational excellence for payroll operations
• Lead strategic organizational awareness as well as leadership in delivering operational excellence in payroll compliance, reporting and service for our most precious asset, our employee talent
• Primary resource for benchmarking, assessing and implementing strict payroll controls on a global basis, in conjunction with the regional payroll managers.
Qualification And Experience:
1. Degree in business finance/accounting or related discipline with 12+ years leadership in payroll operations
2. Strong customer service orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical or financial information to a non-technical audience.
3. In depth experience with and appreciation of India requirements in driving operational compliance, and experience with managing related compliance audits
4. Breadth of understanding of Finance, Tax, Accounting, HR and Operations/Customer Service
5. Ability to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
6. Must be dynamic, detail-oriented and able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
7. Intermediate Excel and Microsoft Office
8. Should have excellent command on the ERPs’ like Financial and Payroll systems.
9. Should be innovative to adopt the technology change in the process for smoother operations.