Sr. Manager/ Manager – Plant Accounts
• Managing the month-end closing activities for plant finance
• Working closely for SAP month-end closing activities
• Prepares ongoing monthly, quarterly and year-to-date budget analysis for review, analysis and decision-making
• Participates in audits of the plant, including financial and inventory, by collecting required documentation, performing periodic physical inventory counts and other activities
• Prepares annual budgets
• Reports weekly and monthly on plant inventory, cycle counts, scrap reporting and work order variances and other plant cost variances
• Analyzes and provides summary-level reporting on large sums of data utilizing a variety of reporting tools
• Supervises Plant Accounting staff
• Will lead the SAP implementation for the finance group at the plant
• Ongoing accounting support including financial closing support of P&L and balance sheet including preparation of month-end reporting and reconciliation of accounts
• Plant level financial interface with SAP.
• Assist in the standard cost reviews and updates as well as preparation of the annual plan, quarterly forecasts, and weekly projections.
• Support capital spending projects with analysis and project justification calculations.
• Analytical support to improve cash flow, profitability, and Center of Excellence performance including expense analysis, sales and margin analysis, and trends analysis as well as ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
• Provide accurate, timely costing information to the business to support business decisions.
• Assist with variance analysis to gain an understanding of the drivers of favorable or unfavorable performance.
• Responsible for day to day accounting support tasks including cycle counting, asset management, direct labor tracking and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
Qualification, Experience & Skill Sets:
1. CA 3-5+ years in Cost Accounting /Manufacturing Accounting
2. Lean manufacturing experience a plus
3. Experience in SAP or similar ERP system, proficiency in Excel and an understanding of working in a matrix organization a plus
4. Strong communication and leadership skills are needed for this position
5. Demonstrated ability to solve problems and track business results
6. Self-Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure a smooth office operation
7. Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude, and ability to perform as a team player