- Provide a consulting service to the business by utilizing domain expertise and recommend initiatives where Emirates IT could add value through high level enterprise information management and business intelligence solution design.
- Understand the business strategy and work with the Business IT Manager (BITM) to develop initiatives and present them to decision makers within the customer business unit.
- Solicit and evaluate business requests to determine cost feasibility research and identify options and recommend solutions that best serve business needs across the enterprise.
- Monitor changes in the IT domain and in the customers' business environment. Regularly and proactively review how these changes might impact Emirates IT's ability to improve its services. Liaise with relevant IT departments to ensure that changes in customers' business landscape is reflected in the overall business architecture technology and applications
- Oversee the analysis done by Business Analysts as they capture and document business objectives and functional requirements and translate them into requirements and solution definition documents as per QMS for system solutions in a comprehensive, meaningful and well-structured manner. This includes ensuring that the proposed business solution will deliver the expected benefits. Ensure that the end product aligns with business strategy.
- Oversee the production of the logical systems design (detailing business information flow/process) for a proposed solution. This includes detailed business use cases, system use cases, entity relationship modelling, function hierarchy diagramming and process modelling, function to entity mapping and attributing the entities etc. as appropriate to the methodology being used.
- Set clear and consistent performance objectives, implement performance management and development plans to ensure standards of performance and productivity are achieved and maintained enabling a high performance culture.